F&W Pairing - Salmon Niçoise
It is getting really hot and humid in Hong Kong, that lowers our appetites. Let's make a healthy, flavourful and filling Salmon Niçoise Salad for dinner!
This salad is perfect for a refreshing sparkling.
Karl May Pinot Noir Brut ($200)
Mont Charell Brut Clos Vintage ($100)
A crisp dry and higher acidity white or rosé complement the fatty salmon and the dressing.
Erste+Neue Sauvignon Blanc ($140)
Karl May Grauburgunder ($130)
Moores Hill Pinot Gris ($230)
Stefano Lubiana Riesling ($220)
Ellermann-Spiegel Windrose Rosé ($100)
Valdemar Rosado ($90)
INGREDIENTS (Serve 4 - 6)
400 - 500g salmon fillet
200g green beans (trimmed)
300 - 400g potatoes (peeled and quartered)
4 small ripe tomatoes (quartered)
3 eggs (room temperature)
8 - 12 olives (pitted)
100g mixed salad leaves
1 handful parsley leaves (finely chopped)
2 tinned anchovy fillets
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp honey
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Place the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, season with salt and reduce to simmer. Cook until fork-tender, 10 - 20 minutes, check every 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and pat them dry.
2. Heat a large frying pan with oil over medium-high heat; place potatoes into the hot pan, season with salt & pepper, sauté until golden, 2 - 3 minutes each side. Set aside when the potatoes are ready.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add green beans until tender, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of ice water; Keep the cooking water and transfer the cooked green beans into the ice water to chill, 2 - 3 minutes; pat dry the green beans with paper towels.
4. Return water to a boil and cook eggs, 4 minutes in boiling water; keep the eggs in the pot with a lid on and remove from heat for another 2 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to chill, about 3 minutes. Peel and set aside.
5. Place a baking sheet onto a baking tray and arrange the tray in centre of oven; preheat to 200°C. Coat the salmon with 1 tbsp oil and season all over with salt & pepper. Roast the salmon until medium rare to medium, 10 - 15 minutes depends on the thickness of your fish.
6. Meanwhile, mash anchovies, honey and mustard in a bowl to form a paste; whisk in white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Whisk in half of the parsley leaves and season the vinaigrette with salt & pepper.
7. Break salmon fillet into large flakes. Halve the reserved soft boiled eggs crosswise.
8. Spread a spoonful of dressing on a large serving plate; arrange mixed salad leaves on the dressed plate and season with salt & pepper. Top with the sautéed potatoes, soft boiled eggs, green beans, tomatoes, salmon and olives. Drizzle salad with enough dressing and sprinkle the remaining parsley leaves all over the salad.
#winepairing #recipe #salmon #nicoisesalad #sparklingwine #whitewine #rosewine